We are currently looking to recruit the following position:
1:1 Special Needs Assistants
Job/Person Summary: We are looking to appoint some dedicated Special Needs Assistants to work with our children who have complex needs. We are a welcoming, inclusive school and it is important to us that we find the right person for our children. You will need to be committed to working with children, have a positive approach and work well as part of a team. You will need to be flexible, resilient and be able to form strong relationships with adults and children. You should also have an understanding of behaviour management skills.
We are particularly looking for someone with some of the following skills:
- Proficiency in the use of Makaton
- An understanding of children with Down Syndrome
- An understanding of the needs of children on the Autistic Spectrum
- Experience of working as a 1:1 in a school or preschool setting with a child with special needs, or the desire to learn
- Experience of working with outside agencies
We can offer you:
- Opportunities for professional development
- A friendly and supportive team of colleagues
- A happy and caring school to work in which has the well-being of everyone at its centre
- Freedom to bring creativity to your role to enhance the child’s learning
We would also welcome applications from graduates who are interested in a career in teaching in the future. We may be able to offer part-time or full-time positions. These will be fixed term to August 2022 but with the possibility of an extension.
Fixed term contracts: Full or part time
Salary details: Grade B or C depending on experience
Please click here for full Learning Support Assistant job description.
Please click here for an application form. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact our Administration Officer – email@example.com.
Closing Date: 21st May 2021
Job Start Date: Thursday, 2nd September 2021
Interview Date: Thursday, 10th June 2021